Ebonised Davenport desk dating from the Aesthetic Period 1860 - 1900.
This stunning piece of furniture comprises of -
- attractive walnut inlaid banding acting as the perfect contrast to the dark Ebonised finish
- inlaid freestanding Corinthian columns with brass terminals
- 4 full depth drawers to the right hand flank including original drawer pulls
- 1 pull out, hinged pen tray
- false drawers to the left flank including original drawer pulls
- angled, hinged writing slope with leather skiver writing insert and internal brass stay
- satinwood veneer lined internals including two pull out drawers and two false drawer fronts
- castors to base
This lovely desk benefits from its honest presentation, decades of loving use have resulted in natural wear and tear including small scratches, indentations, rub marks, minor losses including walnut bead at low level and one area of loss of ebonised veneer to the upper rear of the desk.
The brass parts making up the Corinthian column base and cap have been left unpolished exhibiting patina from tarnish/verdigris, if the buyer would like these to be polished ahead of sale rather than left in their current state we would be happy to do so.
A quality item with real personality and style.
58cm wide (79cm with drawers open)
77cm max height
Knee hole 61cm to underside of desk base and 43cm between columns
Competitively priced U.K. delivery can be arranged at separate cost.
Delivery is not included. Checkout will mention delivery, this is not included within the price stated.
Other items shown in our photographs are not included.
top of page
bottom of page